Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Ambiguous Loss

Ambiguous Loss

How to describe
a loss that's unknown


An undying question
if they'll ever come home.

In your heart you know
that they're ok


But what about the nights 
when they're gone far away?


Hanging by one string
The string of just hope


You can't let it break
It's our only way to cope

Once Upon a Time
Just a fuzzy distant thought


What you wish to have done over
What's left
and who's not


Our last conversation
Last hug and last smile


To feel it once more
You'd run mile after mile

Please God just please

Hold them tight every day
Please strengthen their hope
Let them know that I pray


To lose what's not gone
Is an undying pain

To live for you today
My prayer is to gain

The involuntary hope
For our parents we hold


That one small string
How I value as gold


Broken away
Unfair and gone


Living with today
For you I stay strong


If I don't again
See the memory I plead


I'll hold on to hope
That this life will still lead


This life I call mine
Has lead me to love


True hope
True faith
My Purpose 
All above


My passion is change
God's Light
So Real

No pain shall exist
That our God will not heal

No comments:

Post a Comment